Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Craig's List China Hutch

I'm so thrilled!!!
I've been wanting a vintage china hutch for the longest time... I'm always checking Craig's List but all I ever see are the china cabinets with glass doors and I wanted one that's open like this one... I was so happy when I finally spotted this one about 2 weeks ago!!!

I'm planning on painting it white with some homemade chalk paint but I haven't had the chance to get to the store and look at paint!


Even though I'm going to paint it I couldn't wait to start putting some of my stuff in it to see how it looks.... I love it but I still think everything looks better white.....

  
                                    

 Here are a few pics of some of my junk... Most from thrift stores and a few things from antique malls...



 







 The reason I have one of my vintage scales on top is I was just trying out a few different things to see what looks best up there and forgot to take it down before the pic...
 I have an old window frame I might put up there but not sure yet... I'm not good at creating adorable vignettes like you see out there in blogland...  But I know I want to definitely put a few things on top because my ceilings are high and it looks to empty, I also need to fix the hole from the mirror I had hanging on that wall... 

 I found this beautiful vintage tray at the thrift store the other day, It looks like a tray from maybe a soup tureen... I wish they would have had both pieces that would have had me jumping for joy!! Even though it was just the one piece I took it because I thought it was so pretty....
I'll share pics when I get the china hutch painted white with the chalk paint! Hope you enjoyed seeing my Craig's List buy!!

Pattie

2 comments:

  1. Oh Oh now you have committed to painting it LOL! What a great find...I never find anything like that on Craigs list! Your collection of white ware is fabulous and even better that most of it was thrifted!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Pattie, Your hutch is beautiful, what a great find and you have filled it in such a charming way with all of your white dishes:)
    I found you from a comment on Carol's, Polka Dot Closet. Carol and I have been mutual followers for a long time now. Her blog is so much fun. I am now your newest follower and I would love to invite you over to visit my blog and hopefully follow me back. I love making new blogging friends.
    Your newest blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete